Media and film studies
Creative Production: Communication Design
Module code: P4063
15 credits in autumn semester
Teaching method: Practical, Workshop
Assessment modes: Coursework
This module introduces you to using desktop publishing and interactive media applications whilst also encouraging critical reflection on issues of form and representation in relation to the work they produce. You will learn key processes and techniques involved in the production of digital media:
- image editing
- composition and manipulation
- information and communication
- layout design and presentation.
You will work individually to realise set exercises in and out of class and produce a completed set of digital artefacts to a project brief.
Module learning outcomes
- Demonstrate a proficient and competent use of production technology in a specific medium.
- Conceive, research, develop, design and execute a medium-specific creative media project.
- Apply medium-specific critical and aesthetic discourses to their own and others' creative media projects.
- Demonstrate critical reflection on the intersection of practice and theory.