Terrain Analysis and Digital Mapping
Module code: 846F8
Level 7 (Masters)
30 credits in autumn semester
Teaching method: Workshop
Assessment modes: Coursework
Visualisation, interpretation and synthesis of spatial datasets is an essential requirement of geomorphological assessment.
In this module, you'll learn:
- the various sources of remote sensing and digital mapping data
- software and interpretation methods
- thematic map outputs typically required of commercial projects.
Project work will comprise of collation, processing and terrain analysis for a site of interest in the world, including terrestrial and subsea terrain.
Module learning outcomes
- Visualise, interpret and synthesise spatial datasets depicting terrain conditions.
- Summarise and evaluate the methods, problems and applicibility of terrain analysis and digital mapping techniques.
- Interpret the geomorphological processes that have shaped terrains and deposited sediments on it at a variety of spatial and temporal scales.
- Assess specific examples of terrain conditions through mapping and report writing.