Introduction to Statistics
Module code: L1025
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Seminar, Lecture
Assessment modes: Coursework, Unseen examination
You study the statistical techniques used in economics, and computer-based applications.
You study topics including:
- summarising and plotting data
- basic probability theory
- hypothesis testing
- correlation analysis
- bivariate and multiple regression analysis.
You learn how to use EXCEL,which you will use for your assessed module work.
Module learning outcomes
- Have demonstrated a knowledge of quantitative techniques appropriate to the study of economics
- Have displayed a knowledge of sources and content of economic information and data
- Have demonstrated the ability to carry out self-directed study and research