Statistics and Introductory Econometrics
Module code: L1022
15 credits in autumn teaching
Teaching method: Lecture, Class, Seminar
Assessment modes: Coursework, Unseen examination
This module provides an introduction to the statistical techniques used in economics, and includes computer-based applications.
Topics covered include:
- summarising and plotting data
- basic probability theory
- hypothesis testing
- correlation analysis; and
- bivariate and multiple regression analysis.
You are introduced in greater detail to the EXCEL spreadsheet package, which you will use for your assessed modulework.
Module learning outcomes
- Have demonstrated a knowledge of quantitative techniques appropriate to the study of economics
- Have displayed a knowledge of sources and content of economic information and data
- Have demonstrated the ability to carry out self-directed study and research