Module code: L1079
15 credits in autumn teaching
Teaching method: Seminar, Lecture
Assessment modes: Unseen examination
This is a theoretical module where you'll examine:
- sampling distributions
- joint distributions
- maximum likelihood estimation
- the classical testing principles relating to the likelihood ratio tests, wald and LM (or score) tests.
Module learning outcomes
- Be able to use the power of abstraction to focus upon the essential features of an economic problem and to provide a systematic framework for the coherent and critical evaluation of the effects of policy or other exogenous events.
- Have displayed a knowledge of sources and content of economic information and data, and appreciate their use in research
- Have demonstrated the ability to carry out self-directed study and research, understand the limitations and be able to comment upon research outputs.
- Have learnt to devise and sustain economic ideas, concepts and arguments using means of communication appropriate to the audience and the problem at issue.