Module code: G5120
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Lecture, Seminar, Practical
Assessment modes: Coursework
This module will cover important professional skills in 4 categories: technical and academic writing technical communication skills, professional conduct, and IT law.
- Writing skills: technical writing, report writing, reviewing and the correct attribution of credit and referencing
- Technical communication skills: giving effective oral presentations and graphical aids for oral presentations
- Professional conduct: codes of professional conduct, computers and society including the workplace and education and the ethical implications of the internet, artifical intelligence, virtual reality and emerging new technologies
- IT law: computer crime, privacy and data protection and intellectual property and the law in the IT sector
Module learning outcomes
- Give effective oral presentations.
- Adopt a problem solving approach to the process of writing.
- Be aware of rules of academic and professional conduct and act accordingly.
- Have knowledge of the fundamentals of IT law.