Multimedia Design and Applications
Module code: G5072
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Lecture, Laboratory
Assessment modes: Coursework, Unseen examination
In this module, you develop a basic understanding of human perception and how this relates to the capture, display, storage and transmission of digital media.
Your studies in this module cover the theory and the software and hardware required for the capture, display, storage and transmission of:
- graphical-based digital media.
Module learning outcomes
- Explain the basic principles behind human perception of visual and audio information and discuss coherently how this perception has defined the mechanisms for storage of this media.
- Critique the latest digital media production and distribution technology.
- Identify and explain the technological basis of the capture, display, storage and transmission of video, image and graphical based multimedia.
- Produce well-designed interactive web based content.