Module code: G6046
15 credits in spring teaching
Teaching method: Lecture, Seminar
Assessment modes: Coursework, Unseen examination
In this module, you study large-scale software production.
Your studies emphasise the whole life-cycle of a software product, including:
- requirement analysis
- software architecture and design
- quality assurance
- maintenance activities.
As part of the module, you investigate social issues in software engineering such as team-structures and conflict management.
You also cover other issues, including:
- agile software engineering methods
- test-driven development
- coding practice and standards
- design and code reviews
- version control.
In this module, you undertake team-based coursework, which involves the production of a significant software deliverable such as an interactive gaming application
Further programming, Programming Concepts
Module learning outcomes
- Schedule, manage and work in a multi-person software engineering project.
- Explain and apply techniques, processes, and standards relevant to software production.
- Communicate effectively in written and oral software project deliverables.
- Evaluate critically the appropriateness of different approaches to software production.