Video Production Techniques
Module code: G5123
15 credits in autumn semester
Teaching method: Laboratory, Lecture
Assessment modes: Coursework
This module will cover topics covering:
- The tools and techniques used in broadcast and video production
- Camera basics and techniques, sound recording, lighting for studio and non-studio work
- Pre-production methods (resource management, team organisation and visual continuity)
- Post-production including (non-linear video editing and audio post)
- One individual video project
- One group video project
Module learning outcomes
- Understand and therefore operate broadcast video camera & audio equipment in a studio and non-studio environment and studio based vision mixing and switching equipment.
- Understand and demonstrate the video production workflow.
- Produce completed video packages within the specifications given in this module.