E-Business and E-Commerce Systems
Module code: G5075
15 credits in autumn semester
Teaching method: Lecture
Assessment modes: Coursework
Topics for this module include:
- elementary economic theory and its interaction with e-business
- alternative e-business strategies (as theories and as case studies)
- legal and behavioural issues
- marketing, branding, and customer relationship issues
- software systems for e-business and e-commerce
- commercial website management.
Module learning outcomes
- Understand and interpret the operation of the major parts of any enterprise E-Business or E-Commerce system to a significant level of detail. Included in this is an understanding of the commercial opportunities presented by new E-Business and E-Commerce technologies, and the prerequisites for successful adoption of those technologies.
- Effectively manage and communicate within technical and highly complex environment.
- Research multiple information sources at multiple levels of technology detail and write technical reports.