E-Business and E-Commerce Systems
Module code: 943G5
Level 7 (Masters)
15 credits in autumn teaching
Teaching method: Lecture, Seminar
Assessment modes: Coursework
This module gives you a theoretical and technical understanding of the major issues for existing large-scale e-business and e-commerce systems.
The theoretical aspects include:
- alternative e-business strategies
- customer relationship issues
- commercial website management.
The technical part covers:
- the standard methods for large-scale data storage
- data movement, transformation and application integration
- the fundamentals of application architecture.
You study examples focusing on the most recent developments in e-business and e-commerce distributed systems. In seminars, you carry out critical analysis of current and emerging technologies for e-business and e-commerce.
Module learning outcomes
- Systematically understand and interpret the operation of the major parts of any enterprise E-Business or E-Commerce system to a significant level of detail. Included in this is an understanding and evaluation of the opportunities presented by new E-Business and E-Commerce technologies, and the prerequisites for successful adoption of those technologies.
- Effectively manage and communicate within technical and highly complex environment.
- Research multiple information sources at multiple levels of technology detail and write technical reports.
- Critically evaluate information about trends and methodologies from multiple research sources and be able to defend their point of view in oral presentation and in writing.