Mobile 3D Applications
Module code: 920G5
Level 7 (Masters)
15 credits in spring teaching
Teaching method: Laboratory
Assessment modes: Coursework
Through laboratory-based tuition and utilising Study Direct-based online teaching and learning materials (including slides, video, audio, demonstrations), this module will explore how 3D can be integrated into mobile web-based applications.
Technologies covered include but are not limited to:
- 3D modelling methods for real-time rendering and associated authoring packages (e.g. 3ds Max)
- implementation of efficient navigation and interaction methods
- responsive web design applied to the implementation of mobile web-based 3D applications.
Example web mobile 3D applications may include: a virtual museum, product configurator, vehicle visualisation, burglary simulation, or a simple web game.
3D Modelling and Rendering Module 927G9 and some basic programming experience, e.g. in Java.
Module learning outcomes
- Make critical design choices when specifying a Web/Mobile 3D Application based on a systematic understanding of Web 3D technologies (e.g. 3D, web development and associated programming) and critical awareness of Web3D technology limitations.
- Given a specific problem specification, choose an appropriate set of Web 3D technologies to design and implement a viable interactive and dynamic mobile Web3D Application online that includes the use of 3D and other multimedia content.