Technology-Enhanced Learning Environments
Module code: 808G5
Level 7 (Masters)
15 credits in spring semester
Teaching method: Seminar, Practical
Assessment modes: Coursework
This module emphasises learner-centred approaches to the design of educational and training systems. The module content will reflect current developments in learning theory, skill development, information representation and how individuals differ in terms of learning style. There is a practical component, which will relate theories of learning and knowledge representation to design and evaluation.
You will explore the history of educational systems, as well as issues relating to:
- intelligent tutoring systems
- computer-based training
- simulation and modelling environments
- programming languages for learners
- virtual reality in education and training
- training agents
- computer-supported collaborative learning.
Module learning outcomes
- Describe the main tenets of the leading learning theories which underpin technology enhanced learning environments.
- Critically evaluate technology enhanced learning environments.
- Select technology enhanced learning environments for differing needs and contexts.
- Design technology enhanced learning environments which embody theories of learning and, conversely, identify the learning theories and assumptions underlying existing technology enhanced learning environments.