This scholarship supports South African students on one-year Masters degrees in the arts or social sciences.
The value of the scholarship is £3,000. The award will be offered as a reduction in tuition fees and will be awarded to the student who possess the highest academic ability and potential (not made on the basis of financial need)
Type of award
£3,000 Fee Waiver
- Applicants must have applied for and been offered a place on a one-year Masters degree in one of the following Schools:
- School of English
- School of Law, Politics and Sociology
- School of History, Art History and Philosophy
- School of Education and Social Work
- School of Media, Film and Music
- School of Global Studies
- Applicants will have been a South African citizen for at least three years
- Applicants must commence the degree in September 2013 (awards cannot be deferred to subsequent years)
- Applicants must be classified as paying "overseas" (non-EU) tuition fees
Please download an application form below.
These need to be returned to the Student Funding Team by May 1st, 2013.
Applicants will be contacted in early June with the outcome of the selection process
May 1st, 2013: Deadline for all applications to be received.
Early June applicants informed of outcome of selection panel
The Student Funding team
Student Life Centre
University of Sussex
Tel: 01273 877307