China Scholarship Council (CSC) / University of Sussex Joint Scholarships (2017)
The University of Sussex and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) are delighted to offer up to 10 three-year joint scholarships for outstanding PhD students and visiting scholars (for up to 12 months) from China.
Under the Sussex/CSC Joint Scholarship Scheme, Sussex will cover tuition fees and bench fees and the CSC will provide a living allowance.
Type of award
Sussex will cover full tuition fees / bench fees, CSC will provide a living allowance
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for the award:
- Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria set by the CSC
- Applicants must commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom in September 2017 or January 2018.
- Applicants must be citizens of the People's Republic of China at the time of application, and either permanently resident in China or studying overseas. Those working overseas are not eligible.
- Applicants must be classified as an international fee paying Chinese student
- Successful candidates must return to China upon completion of their studies
- Applicants must meet the University's IELTS English Language Requirements
- Arts, humanities and social sciences applicants will be expected to hold, by September 2017 or January 2018, the UK equivalent of a first class honours degree and a masters degree.
Science and engineering applicants will be expected to hold, by September 2017 or January 2018, the UK equivalent of a first class honours degree and preferably a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a masters degree.
Please note that:
- Current 1st year Chinese Sussex PhD students are eligible to apply
- 1+ 3 Chinese Sussex students who are in their '1' year of their studies (Masters year) are eligible to apply
- Visiting Students can also apply for a max. of 12 months visit
Deadline19 January 2017 23:59 (GMT)
How to apply
Application procedure :
1. Applicants must apply online for a place to study at the University of Sussex
2. Applicants must complete a separate Sussex CSC on-line scholarship application and provide the following documentation:
- Research proposal
Click here for link to the Sussex CSC on-line application.
3. Applicants must complete a separate CSC online application which will be availble on-line in March 2017.
Anna Izykowska, Doctoral Training Co-Ordinator
5 January 2017: PhD applications must be submitted to the University of Sussex
19 January 2017: Applicants to submit the University of Sussex CSC scholarship online application
2 March 2017: Applicants will be notified of the outcome regarding their application
Please note that applicants who are successful with their application to the University of Sussex for a CSC scholarship will also need to complete the CSC application form, which is available online (usualy Mid-March).
19 January 2017 23:59 (GMT)
the deadline has now expired
The award is available to people from the following country: