Travelling to Sussex
We know that many of you will be travelling hundreds of miles to get to Sussex, and we would like to help you find the easiest and smoothest way to get here.
All students are advised to arrive during the main Arrival Weekend of Saturday 10 - Sunday 11 September 2016, but please note that if you are living on campus and are planning on using public transport to arrive, then we strongly recommend that you avoid arriving during the afternoon of Saturday 10 September.
Brighton and Hove Albion, who have their Stadium opposite the Sussex campus, are playing a home match on the afternoon of Saturday 10 September and the roads, trains and buses going to campus are likely to be very busy and travelling with luggage will be particualrly difficult. Where possible, we recommend that you try to avoid arriving between 2-6pm.
If you are booked on to one of our free Heathrow coach services, then please note that journey times may be slightly longer on the afternoon of Saturday 10 September due to the increased traffic around the campus area.
To help make your journey to Brighton and to the Sussex campus easier, the University is offering the following FREE services during Arrival Weekend (10-11 September 2016):
- there will be University representatives at Heathrow and Gatwick airports to welcome you to the UK and advise you regarding how you can continue your onward journey to Brighton (to see which terminals they will be based at, and when, please refer to Airport Meet and Greet Service)
- free pre-bookable coach service from London Heathrow Airport (to see exact coach times and to book a place on one of the coaches please visit Airport Meet and Greet Service)
- on Saturday 10 September only, between 9am-5pm, there will be a minibus service from Brighton train station to the campus residences (to avoid students using the trains with luggage during the football match at the AMEX stadium nearby to campus)
- on Sunday 11 September only, from 9am-5pm, there will be a minibus service from Falmer Station (the closest station to campus) to the campus residencies
- on BOTH Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 September, from 9am-6pm, there will be two minibus servuces running between Brighton train station and the main off-campus residencies: King’s Road; Abacus House; Imperial Hotel; Langfords Hotel; Bedford Hotel. There will be student helpers wearing University of Sussex t-shirts at Brighton Station. Those living off campus in any other University-managed accommodation should check the information provided to them by the Housing Services team for details about where to pick up their keys.
those living in privately rented accommodation in the Brighton & Hove area are advised to take a taxi from Brighton Station as there are always taxis available.
If you are arriving outside of these times, or need information about alternative travel options, please take a look at the information about 'Travelling to the University of Sussex'. If you have any further questions about your journey to Brighton or to campus, please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.