The Student Life Centre offers information and advice to all Sussex Students. Our aim is to help you to gain the best university experience you can, whatever your circumstances, by ensuring if you run into problems you get appropriate guidance and support.
The Student Life Centre is based in the heart of the campus: on the ground floor at the front of Chichester 1. There are lots of ways to access our service. We are open from 9.00 am – 5.00 pm every week day, you can drop in to see us, call 01273 876767, email firstname.lastname@example.org or make an appointment – just go onto your Sussex Direct site, click on your ‘Study’ tab and then on Student Life Centre- you can select the advisor you wish to see at a time that suits you.
Amongst the many issues we can help you with are:
- Personal concerns affecting study progress or well-being
- Funding and finance including scholarships, bursaries and hardship funds
- Sources of help to improve academic performance – identifying obstacles to learning
- Understanding university systems and regulations in relation to assessment, services, complaints, conduct, and discipline.
- Progression, intermission and withdrawal processes - discussion and support
- Referrals to other professional services on campus
- Mitigating evidence help
- If you don’t know who to talk to or who to ask – start at the Student Life Centre.
Because we are also a proactive service you may be contacted directly by the SLC while you are a student here as we may wish to offer you particular support. This may be, for example, in response to concern from your School about your attendance, participation or engagement with your course.