Latest staff news
Book now for free stress-busting massage or kung fu
Free massages and kung fu exercise sessions are being offered to all staff during National Stress Awareness Day next month (Wednesday 7 November).
Following positive feedback from last year, the University is again taking part in the national initiative, which aims to make people aware of the various ways of managing stress.
Sessions available to staff on 7 November are:
- Massage, with three Sussexsport therapists:
- Rachel Blackman, who will be providing an office-based service (minimum of five people per booking)
- Jan Holden, 15-minute tasters between 10am and 5.30pm, Arts C
- Niki Bowles, 15-minute tasters between 10am and 4.30pm, Sports Centre
- Stretching and breathing exercises with Shaolin Kung Fu instructor Matt Gross: 12 noon-1pm, Sports Centre
Sessions are offered on a first-come-first-served basis and must be booked in advance. Contact Sam Fuller on ext. 8229 or email@example.com.
The initiative is a collaboration between Sussexsport; the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Office; and the Staff Development Unit.
As far as is reasonably practicable, the University will support managers to allow staff time off to attend the activities on offer.
If you'd like to leave a comment, enter your ITS username, password, and your comment. The comment may need approval before it is displayed, so don't expect your comment to appear right away.
By submitting a comment you are agreeing to the Acceptable Use Policy.