Budgeting for study
When calculating your expenditure for your time at Sussex, it is important to budget for study. Here are some things you may need to pay for:
- Study Pack (photocopied pack of essential reading). You will be told if you require a Study Pack and how much it will cost.
- Writing paper
- Files and other stationery
- Photocopying (card and per sheet)
- Fieldwork visits/ other academic travel expenses
The University of Sussex Student Life Centre contains helpful budgeting advice including:
For more information about budgeting at university and financial assistance, please refer to Money Matters in part 3 of the online Student Handbook.
Help with budgeting
The Student Life Centre offers a variety of budgeting services:
- 1:1 budget planning - you can book through Sussex Direct
- Interactive budget planner - designed to help Sussex students
- Money-related events throughout the year - find out more on the money and budgeting pages of the Student Life Centre website.