Finance Division is responsible for all aspects of financial planning and management for the University of Sussex.
The department seeks to provide:
- an efficient and effective service to the University across the full range of financial services - accountancy, payment of suppliers, administration of insurance, invoicing of debtors, procurement of goods and services, collection of income from debtors, investment management, liaison with statutory authorities on financial matters (including accounts, returns, most of which are audited)
- a value added service to the University assisting in the identification and exploitation of commercial opportunities or cost reduction processes in line with the University's strategic aims, and in the negotiation of the best terms for the cost of supplies to the University
- a collaborative and helpful service to the University in developing ideas and plans to facilitate expansion and further developments, within the best practices of public sector stewardship of resources
- Schools Finance
- Professional Services Finance
- Fees and Income
- Payments Management
- Corporate Accounting Services
- Research Finance
Director: Allan Spencer
Allan has over 15 years' experience at senior level finance departments in top class universities at Bristol, Southampton and now Sussex. Finance has a crucial role in providing a strong framework for the University's activities and in enabling the University to implement its key strategies through securing funding, advice and strong financial control.