|Post:||Reader in Theoretical Physics (Physics and Astronomy, Centre for Theoretical Physics)|
|Location:||Pevensey 2 5a12|
|International:||+44 1273 877455|
|download vCarddownload vCard to your mobile|
- Habilitation (2000), University of Heidelberg
- PhD (1995), University of Heidelberg
- Diplom (1992), University of Hannover
- DEA de Physique Theorique (1990), Ecole Normale Superieure de Paris
Head, Theoretical Particle Physics Group
Chair of NExT @ SEPnet
- Field Theory Approaches to Quantum Gravitation
- Renormalisation Group for Gravity
- Particle Phenomenology at the LHC
- Phase Diagram of Quantum Chromodynamics
- Physics of Infrared QCD and Confinement
- Physics of the Quark-Gluon-Plasma
- Physics of Colour Superconductivity
- Kinetic Theory and Non-Equilibrium Field Theory
- Phase Transitions of BCS Superconductors
- Renormalisation Group Methods
- Phase Transitions in Quantum Field Theory and Statistical Physics
- High-accuracy Scaling Exponents in Ising-like Systems
For a more detailed description, see here.
For other activities (Workshops, Seminars, Talks, Research Group) see my personal homepage
- Level 4: Relativistic Quantum Field Theory [823F3] (autumn term)
- Level 4: Group Theory & Symmetry in Particle Physics [872F3] (autumn term)
- Level 4: Advanced Topics in Quantum Field Theory (spring/summer term)
- Level 2: Mathematical Methods 2 [F3183] (autumn term)
- Level 2: Skills in Physics (autumn & spring term)
- Level 1: Co-ordinator Quarks and the Cosmos [F3096] (spring and summer term)
- Supervision PhD students, MSc students, 4th year project students
Lectures at Graduate Schools:
- Graduate Lectures on "Gravity and the Renormalisation Group" at the 49th Schladming Winter School for Theoretical Physics, February-March 2011.
- Graduate Lectures on "Quantum Field Theory and the Renormalisation Group" at the 40th British Universities Summer School in Theoretical Elementary Particle Physics (BUSSTEPP), Swansea, August 2010.
- Graduate Lectures on "Introduction to Functional Renormalisation and Asymptotically Safe Gravity" at 49th School of Theoretical Physics "Non-perturbative Gravity and Quantum Chromodynamics", Zakopane, June 2009.
- Graduate Lectures "News from Quantum Gravity", University of Heidelberg, Mar 2009.
- Graduate Lecture on "Basics of the non-perturbative renormalisation group" at the 1st Sussex Graduate School on Non-Perturbative Methods in Quantum Field Theory: From Quantum Chromodynamics to Quantum Gravitation, September 2008.
- Introductory lectures "Renormalisation Group in Quantum Field Theory", summer term 2008.
- Graduate Lectures on "Basics of the Functional Renormalisation Group" at AIO/OIO Postgraduate Winter School 2008.
- Introductory lectures "Functional Renormalisation Group" (U Santiago de Chile, 2006).
Litim, Daniel, Percacci, R and Rachwal, L (2012) Scale-dependent Planck mass and Higgs VEV from holography and functional renormalization. Physics Letters B, 710 (3). pp. 472-477. ISSN 0370-2693
Falls, Kevin, Litim, Daniel F and Raghuraman, Aarti (2012) Black holes and asymptotically safe gravity. International Journal of Modern Physics A (ijmpa), 27 (5). p. 1250019. ISSN 0217-751X
Folkerts, Sarah, Litim, Daniel F and Pawlowski, Jan M (2012) Asymptotic freedom of Yang-Mills theory with gravity. Physics Letters B, 709 (3). pp. 234-241. ISSN 0370-2693
Litim, Daniel F, Marstaler, Marianne C, Synatschke-Cerwonka, Franziska and Wipf, Andreas (2011) Critical behavior of supersymmetric O(N) models in the large-N limit. Physical Review D, 84 (12). p. 125009. ISSN 1550-7998