Facilities Management and Catering
As the University continues to grow, we want to ensure we provide sustainable and high-quality services to our students and staff as efficiently and effectively as possible.
As one part of doing this, we are now planning to work with specialist external organisations to manage our estates and facilities and to provide our catering and conferencing services. We are currently (from May 2012 onwards) going through a formal process to identify experienced, high-quality organisations that can best meet our needs. We expect that all staff who work within these areas of the University’s support services, around 235 staff out of the 2,200 working at Sussex, will in autumn 2013 transfer across to the new providers. Members of staff within the scope of the project received information in early May 2012 about the project and how they are being informed about the plans. We continue to provide information, support and advice to staff as we go through the project.
Latest updates to campus community
- Strategic context for services development: 14 June 2013
- Senate update from Registrar: 14 June 2013
- Briefings to staff in VC open meeting: 10 and 17 June 2013
Latest information issued to affected staff - 13 May 2013
- Update letter to directly affected staff on University commitments on pensions and core terms and conditions
On these pages you can also find:
- Reasons why we are working with external partners
- Latest updates on progress
- Further information about the project, as given to staff within the scope of the project;
- Timescales for the development of the project;
- A list of the areas of work covered by the facilities management and catering project;
- A list of questions and answers on the project;
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the project..