Mr James Hakner
|Post:||Communications Officer (Press and Communications Office)|
|Location:||Sussex House Sh-230|
|International:||+44 1273 877966|
|download vCarddownload vCard to your mobile|
I joined Sussex as Communications Officer in January 2008 after a year in the marketing department at Northbrook College Sussex, in Worthing.
I have a degree in Multi-Media Journalism from Bournemouth University and, in 2011, was awarded a distinction Certificate in Internal Communications by the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR).
It's my job, working alongside the Senior Communications Officer, to make sure people know what is happening at Sussex and why, and feel involved in the life of the University.
We do this by:
- Promoting good practice in internal communications throughout the University
- Working with units across campus on the communication of issues and change
- Producing the fortnightly internal newsletter, Bulletin (both printed and website versions)
- Liaising with student journalists on the weekly student newspaper, the badger
- Managing content of the University intranet, particularly the central pages for students and for staff
- Managing other channels of internal communications, eg mass emails, screensavers, open meetings, etc
- Developing and implementing policy on internal communications.