Research Methods for International Business (N1544)
15 credits, Level 5
Develop the skills and techniques needed for your final research project.
You study topics including:
- the nature of the research process
- research designs and methodologies
- planning a research project and formulating research questions
- literature reviews, searches and referencing
- data collection and analysis in IB research: sources of information; measurement issues; sources of bias and error; and ethics
- introduction to quantitative research methods and statistical analysis
- introduction to qualitiative research methods (case studies, focus groups, interviewing etc)
- writing a research proposal.
100%: Coursework (Essay, Group submission (written))
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 36 hours of contact time and 114 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2018/19. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: