Leading Groups and Teams (LEAD) (N1536)
15 credits, Level 5
Develop the skills to become an effective team leader. In this module, you are introduced to some of the commonly-faced issues of working in groups or teams, so you can gain the skills to lead.
You look at:
- team design
- team composition
- interpersonal dynamics.
You also learn the key processes that occur when group and team members work together, including:
- problem solving
You recognise the outcomes that can be achieved as a result of a group or team working together efficiently.
100%: Practical (Workshop)
30%: Coursework (Essay)
70%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 24 hours of contact time and 126 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2018/19. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Accounting and Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Accounting and Finance BSc
- Business and Management Studies (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Business and Management Studies BSc
- Marketing and Management (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Marketing and Management BSc
- Marketing and Management with Psychology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Marketing and Management with Psychology BSc