Introduction to Business Law (N1072)
15 credits, Level 4
This module aims to develop knowledge and skills in the understanding of the general legal framework, and of specific legal areas relating to business.
The module is divided into four parts:
- the English legal system
- contractual obligations
- tortious liability; and
- the contract of employment.
50%: Coursework (Essay)
50%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 27 hours of contact time and 123 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2018/19. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Business and Management Studies (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Business and Management Studies BSc
- Economics and Management Studies BSc
- International Business (with a professional placement year) BSc
- International Business BSc
- Marketing and Management (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Marketing and Management BSc
- Marketing and Management with Psychology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Marketing and Management with Psychology BSc