Research Project (N1052)
30 credits, Level 6
Autumn and spring teaching
This module provides the opportunity for you to undertake a significant and independent research project. This may be a dissertation in the form of a literature-based analysis of a research problem, or a dissertation in which some primary empirical data is collected and synthesised by you. In BOTH cases, the dissertation is expected to address clear research questions. The research project provides you with the opportunity to integrate and apply knowledge from the degree programme, and to develop research skills. During the first four weeks of the course you will receive research methods training, supplementing the research skills acquired in their first year. Thereafter, you will meet twice a term with an assigned project supervisor.
100%: Practical (Workshop)
100%: Coursework (Dissertation, Report)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 300 hours of work. This breaks down into 6 hours of contact time and 294 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2018/19. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Accounting and Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Accounting and Finance BSc
- Business and Management Studies (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Business and Management Studies BSc
- Finance and Business (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Business BSc
- Marketing and Management (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Marketing and Management BSc
- Marketing and Management with Psychology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Marketing and Management with Psychology BSc