Southeast England Field Class (F8515)
15 credits, Level 5
The Southeast England Field Class introduces you to a particular field destination in SE England usually including the local Sussex region. After a series of preparatory lectures you will carry out data collection in situ for a period of about 10-14 days. Analysis and the writing up of a research report will take place upon your return. The module presents an opportunity for faculty to familiarise you with a location in which you conduct research and gives you the experience of carrying out your own research in that location.
36%: Practical (Fieldwork)
100%: Practical (Portfolio)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 40 hours of contact time and 110 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2018/19. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Geography (research placement) MSci
- Geography BA
- Geography BSc
- Geography MArts
- Geography MSci
- Geography and Anthropology BA
- Geography and Anthropology MArts
- Geography and International Development BA
- Geography and International Development MArts
- Geography and International Relations BA
- Geography and International Relations MArts
- Geography with a Language BA