Landscape, Nature and Representation (F8085A)
30 credits, Level 6
This module focuses upon the representation of landscapes and nature, and considers the ways in which representations are sites through which ideas, visions and imaginations are set to work. You will assess the production and impact of such representations, critically analysing a range of textual sources from a variety of origins which claim to represent landscape and natures. This will incorporate art, literature, music, the media and cartography.
100%: Practical (Workshop)
50%: Coursework (Presentation, Report)
50%: Written assessment (Essay)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 300 hours of work. This breaks down into 36 hours of contact time and 264 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2018/19. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Geography (research placement) MSci
- Geography BA
- Geography BSc
- Geography MArts
- Geography MSci
- Geography and Anthropology BA
- Geography and Anthropology MArts
- Geography and International Development BA
- Geography and International Development MArts
- Geography and International Relations BA
- Geography and International Relations MArts
- Geography with a Language BA