Life Sciences Master of Science Research Proposal (824C1)
15 credits, Level 7 (Masters)
The module aims to develop an appreciation of the research field in which students will be conducting their research project, thereby enabling them to design and propose a detailed programme of research. Students will also attend seminars on science communication, careers, grant writing and science funding. Students will also have regular tutorials with their project supervisor during which they will discuss the background of the project, sources for literature review and appropriateness of experimental strategy.
100%: Coursework (Essay, Presentation, Report)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 19 hours of contact time and 131 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2018/19. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Biochemistry (research placement) MSci
- Biochemistry MSci
- Biomedical Science (research placement) MSci
- Biomedical Science MSci
- Genetics (research placement) MSci
- Genetics MSci
- Medical Neuroscience (research placement) MSci
- Medical Neuroscience MSci
- Neuroscience (research placement) MSci
- Neuroscience MSci
- Neuroscience with Cognitive Science (research placement) MSci
- Neuroscience with Cognitive Science MSci