Spanish for Professional Purposes 2A (R4035)
15 credits, Level 5
You can study this module if you are an advanced learner who has completed the Advanced for Professional Purposes 1B module.
- understand the main ideas within extended discourse and communicate effectively in Spanish, with fluency, confidence and spontaneity, in different contexts
- practise your understanding and communication using your proficient listening, reading, speaking and writing skills in Spanish
- consolidate and develop the range of complex Spanish language structures, syntax, and specialised vocabulary to allow consistent accuracy and control in use of Spanish
- analyse aspects of the general social and cultural background of the language in a professional context, through activities and materials in a range of media
You'll develop your:
- practical skills in all four communicative competencies and use Spanish independently
- knowledge and understanding of Spanish-speaking countries, society, and community through texts and audio-visual materials.
This module is at level B2 (Independent User) of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages.
100%: Seminar (Class, Seminar)
100%: Coursework (Oral examination, Professional log)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 36 hours of contact time and 114 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2017/18. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: