French Intermediate A (R1118)
15 credits, Level 4
This module is designed for:
- lower intermediate learners who have a recent grade A/B at GCSE, or a D/E pass at AS level, or equivalent
- intermediate learners who have a good AS grade, or perhaps a low D/E pass at A level, or equivalent.
The module aims to:
- enable you to understand key information and to communicate effectively in the TL, sometimes spontaneously, in less routine situations, at a standard level
- provide opportunities, across a variety of topics, for practice of understanding and communication in the TL using the four language skills of listening, reading, speaking and writing, at a standard level
- consolidate and develop the range of key elements of TL language structures, vocabulary, syntax and pronunciation, to allow progression in the TL
- present the background culture and society of the TL through a variety of contextualised activities and materials, in a range of media, e.g. text; audio; audio-visual; digital.
Successful completion of the module is equivalent to level A2-B1 (Basic-Independent User) of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages.
100%: Seminar (Class, Seminar)
100%: Coursework (Presentation, Report)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 36 hours of contact time and 114 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2017/18. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: