Valuation of Companies and Cash Flow Generating Assets (N1591)
15 credits, Level 6
You explore the different methods of valuing businesses - looking at public companies and private firms.
You analyse the fundamental drivers of value, and the main approaches, including:
- discounted cash flows
- real options.
You focus on the discounted cash flow approach and discuss in detail how to estimate the necessary inputs, for example cash flows, discount rates and growth, and the importance of selecting the correct data to get accurate estimates.
25%: Coursework (Test)
75%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 32 hours of contact time and 118 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2017/18. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Accounting and Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Accounting and Finance BSc
- Economics and Finance BSc
- Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance BSc
- Finance and Business (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Business BSc
- Mathematics with Finance BSc
- Mathematics with Finance MMath