Leveraging Human Capital and Performance (HRM) (N1590)
15 credits, Level 5
You study how a strong workforce with relevant experience, skills and capabilities enables companies to remain competitive in industry, and examine why some companies are filling positions with people who do not have the right skills for the job.
You address these issues by focusing on what organisations can do to make better use of human capital resources.
You examine key questions, including how to:
- motivate employees to reach their full potential
- develop employees’ capabilities
- attract highly capable employees
- retain highly capable employees
- align individual employees with organisation strategies.
100%: Practical (Workshop)
30%: Coursework (Essay)
70%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 36 hours of contact time and 114 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2017/18. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Business and Management Studies (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Business and Management Studies BSc
- Marketing and Management (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Marketing and Management BSc
- Marketing and Management with Psychology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Marketing and Management with Psychology BSc