Geography Overseas Field Class (L7024)
30 credits, Level 5
In Year Two, you take part in either an overseas field class or non-residential field class at Sussex.
If you study a:
- single honours Geography course, the field class is compulsory
- joint honours Geography course, the field class is optional.
We offer an extensive set of international field class options with recent examples including classes to Dubai, China, the US and with new field classes being developed.
You will carry out data collection – as broadly defined – for at least a week. You then analyse and write up the material in the field and when you return to Sussex.
100%: Coursework (Portfolio)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 147 hours of contact time and 3 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2017/18. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Geography (research placement) MSci
- Geography BA
- Geography BSc
- Geography MArts
- Geography MSci
- Geography and Anthropology BA
- Geography and Anthropology MArts
- Geography and International Development BA
- Geography and International Development MArts
- Geography and International Relations BA
- Geography and International Relations MArts
- Geography with a Language BA