Introduction to Statistics (L1025)
15 credits, Level 4
You study the statistical techniques used in economics, and computer-based applications.
You study topics including:
- summarising and plotting data
- basic probability theory
- hypothesis testing
- correlation analysis
- bivariate and multiple regression analysis.
You learn how to use EXCEL,which you will use for your assessed module work.
30%: Coursework (Report)
70%: Examination (Unseen examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 24 hours of contact time and 126 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2017/18. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Accounting and Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Accounting and Finance BSc
- Economics (with a professional placement year) BA
- Economics (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Economics BA
- Economics BSc
- Economics and Finance BSc
- Finance (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance BSc
- Finance and Business (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Business BSc