Advanced Methods in Molecular Research (806C7)
30 credits, Level 7 (Masters)
In this module, you learn about the techniques available to modern molecular genetics and molecular cell biology researchers.
For each technique, you are required to analyse data and comment on the applicability of that technique to the biological problem being investigated.
17%: Practical (Laboratory)
65%: Coursework (Computer-based examination, Test)
35%: Examination (Oral examination)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 300 hours of work. This breaks down into 48 hours of contact time and 252 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2017/18. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Biochemistry (research placement) MSci
- Biochemistry MSci
- Biomedical Science (research placement) MSci
- Biomedical Science MSci
- Genetics (research placement) MSci
- Genetics MSci
- Medical Neuroscience (research placement) MSci
- Medical Neuroscience MSci
- Neuroscience (research placement) MSci
- Neuroscience MSci
- Neuroscience with Cognitive Science (research placement) MSci
- Neuroscience with Cognitive Science MSci