Registered external members can use many of the library's online resources as part of a scheme to improve access. This service can only be used from within the library.
Who can use this service?
Any registered external member, including reciprocal borrowers and reference only, can use this service.
What resources can be used?
We allow access whenever licensing agreements allow us to. Sometimes providers of online resources only allow full members of the University (i.e. staff and students) access. Therefore, we can not make these resources available.
Where can it be used?
Within the library there are two dedicated terminals available for visitor use. It can not be used outside of the library.
How do I use this service?
- Before visiting the library, check that you are eligible to use this service and that the electronic resource you wish to use is available within this scheme. Please also read through the Library Regulations.
- Ask at the Information Hub to use our 'visitor access' service.
- You will need to show your library borrower card when you sign up to use the service.
- You will also be asked to complete the Visitor Access Sign Up-Sheet held at the Information Hub.
- A member of staff will then accompany you to one of the visitor access PCs and log you in.
- There are two terminals available for use near the main entrance.
- See our list of online resources available for visitors.
- You will be presented with the list of online resources which are available for use.
- You can save information to a USB stick or send to your own web-based email account (Gmail or your organisation's system for example). To email files to your own account, first save them to the C:\walkin-temp\ directory on the PC.
- Please let staff at the Information Hub know when you are leaving so that we can sign you out.