Welcome back. Find out what's new in the Library for the start of the academic year
- We've just announced a major Refurbishment programme, which includes a long list of improvements so make sure you check out our refurbishment site.
- New interface for the Library Catalogue. Includes improved search results, table of contents for many books, book covers, and a word cloud to refine your search.
- Borrowing: Unlimited renewals on most loans (exceptions include Core & Counter collections, headphones & IT software and InterLibrary loans).
- Borrowing: You can now borrow up to 35 items at a time (there are no longer individual limits on Long and Short Loan items). You can now borrower up to 5 Core Collection items within this limit
- New Subject Guides to point you to useful resources for your subject. Includes a web based chat widget to get quick answers from Library staff.
- Postgraduates: We have a new resource to help you with your research needs called InfoPlus.
- Keep up to date by following us on Twitter or Facebook. We also have an iGoogle widget.
- We've added new journals and online resources to our Electronic Library.
- We've been busy adding tags to our stock over the summer, which will make it easier to borrower and return books. We will be finishing off the last few sections of books during the first few weeks of term. Books in these areas can be accessed via a collection service from the Enquiry Desk.
Coming up later in the academic year:
- New self issue and self-return system in 2010. See our RFID page of our website or our Newsletter [pdf] for more information
- Work will start on refurbishing the Library. We’ve tried to make sure that any work involving noise will take place when we are least busy but there will inevitably be some disruption with a project of this size. Apologies for this.
- New web based search for our Special Collections.
And finally, remember to bring your University ID Card each time you visit the library!