*The 24 hour pilot continues throughout the Easter vacation however the service hours and weekend hours are slightly different, please check our opening hours page. We will also be closed from 20 March-25 March (inclusive) as these are University closure days.
We’re now open 24 hours (Monday - Friday) for a trial period – you’ve been asking us to extend our opening so work with us to make it a success!
We’ll be open from 8.45 am on Monday until 7.30 pm on Saturday. Sunday we’ll be open 12.30pm- 7.30pm as normal*. Counters will close at the usual time so some services won’t be available and you will only be able to come in if you have your University ID card with you. You won’t be able to sign in.
What can you do during 24 hour opening?
|Services available||What won't be available|
|Self issue, self return and renewal||Sign in at Reception|
|Studying||ResFac, Theses, etc|
|use an ITS cluster?||Borrow or return DVDs|
|anything you would normally do yourself||Enquiries|
|Core Collection returns|
The staff on duty overnight are security staff. They will not be able to give you assistance in using the Library and they will expect you to keep to the Library regulations.
- ID cards must be carried at all times (even if you’re just popping down to the café or toilets) and swiped at the turnstiles.
- Do your bit in keeping the building as clean and tidy as possible.
- Use the bins for your rubbish
- Put any books/journals you have been using for studying on a trolley or a collection point so we can get them back to the shelves as quickly as possible.
- Use the Library Café for eating/drinking – that’s what it’s for – and place your rubbish in the bins.
- Keep your valuables with you at all times
- If the alarm sounds at any time VACATE the building IMMEDIATELY. It won’t be a test.
Photo Credit:Jon-Scott on flickr