Questions and answers
1621Thunderbird does not save copies of outgoing email in my Sent folder.
Symptoms are such that when sending an email, the email is sent fairly quickly but then there is often a long, perhaps interminable delay while Thunderbird tries to write a copy to the Sent folder.
The following procedure should resolve the problem:
- Click the Applications menu button at top right, point to Options... and then click on Account Settings...:
- Click on Server Settings for your account (see the column on the left) and then click on the Advanced... button.
- The Maximum number of server connections to cache is probably set to 5. Change it to 1.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 for any other Sussex account you have set up in Thunderbird (each will have its own Server Settings).
- Click OK to close the Account Settings dialogue box.
- Restart Thunderbird, and you should then find that sent messages are saved with little or no delay.
Remember that these settings only apply to Thunderbird on the computer on which it is installed. If you use Thunderbird on more than one computer, you will need to repeat these settings for Thunderbiird on each computer.
We strongly recommend that you remove old sent email on a regular basis, so as to conserve mailstore storage space - remember that attachments will also be kept with the sent email.
Help us to improve this answer
Please suggest an improvement
(login needed, link opens in new window)
Your views are welcome and will help other readers of this page.
This is question number 1621, which appears in following categories: