Coming to study in the UK is an exciting experience, with opportunities to broaden your academic, social and cultural horizons. The International Student Support office aims to offer you a high level of support to ensure that your time with us is as rewarding and problem-free as possible.
We will help you prepare to come to Sussex, welcome you when you arrive and support you throughout your time at Sussex.
We can offer advice and guidance on a range of issues including:
- immigration and visa advice. The International Student Advisers offer a confidential specialist advice service, where we can answer your immigration questions and guide you through the process of applying for your visa
- we offer general support and advice on a range of issues related to living in the UK
- during the main arrival weekend in September, we organise for members of staff to greet and assist you at Heathrow and Gatwick airports, and we run a bookable coach service from Heathrow airport to the campus
- we organise specific events for international students as part of the university's induction programme, as well as social events throughout the year
- we organise a programme of day trips to various places across the country to enable you to make the most of your time in the UK.
If you would like to find out what previous Sussex students from all over the world thought about their time here, or for advice about Sussex and the UK, visit the overseas alumni webpage.
Please take a look at the university's student induction pages which have lots of information for all new students.