Careers and Employability Centre

Part-time jobs

Jobs latest

Many of the usual sources of part-time jobs have disappeared at the moment. There are fewer around for students. Try to look at supermarkets, food production, care work and cleaning for possible opportunities at the moment:


Latest jobs on CareerHub

Log in to CareerHub for our full list of part-time jobs

Sign-up to receive our daily email with the latest part-time jobs

Read our booklet Part-time work [PDF 91.26KB]

Local job sites

We do not vet jobs on external sites to check that they obey minimum wage laws and other regulations. You can email us at if you have queries about an external job.

We also recommend that you look in Brighton for job adverts. Many shops, restaurants and bars do not advertise online, but put adverts in their windows instead. Keep your eyes open!

International students

If you haven't worked in the UK before, you will need a National Insurance Number.

There are likely to be restrictions around the type of work you can do and the hours that you can work.

See our information about working during your studies.

Other resources