Department of Politics staff receive award for excellent teachers
- Dan Hough, Reader in Politics and Director of the Sussex Centre for the Study of Corruption
- Amy Busby, Associate Tutor in the Department of Politics
Students and staff were, in the summer term, invited to nominate for a teaching award exceptional individuals among established academics, those in the first five years of their careers and those who excel as part of a team. Members of staff in Professional Services were also eligible, if they teach as part of their job.
The nominations were judged against a range of criteria by the School Teaching and Learning Committees, whose recommendations were then agreed by the University Teaching and Learning Committee. The winners were all judged to excel in some or all of the following areas:
- challenging and inspiring teaching;
- innovation and interaction;
- support of student diversity;
- feedback to students;
- drawing on own research;
- enhancement of individual practice and support for colleagues.
For more information about the Sussex Teaching Awards, visit the Teaching and Learning Development Unit (TLDU) web pages