Test Analyst ref 2706
School/department: IT Services
Hours: full time
Salary: starting at £32,548 and rising to £38,833 per annum
Placed on: 06 December 2017
Closing date: 26 January 2018. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: 5 February 2018
Expected start date: As soon as possible
Previous applicants need not re-apply, as will be considered.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Test Analyst with solid technical skills to help develop and grow the test function within IT Applications.
This is an exciting and transformational time for the Applications team within IT Services, as the University is engaged in replacing and redeveloping its major business support systems.
The successful candidate will work on testing system development for our existing bespoke business applications as well as new COTS and SaaS solutions, which will include integration, end-to-end and user acceptance testing.
Excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, whilst delivering quality, is essential. The successful candidate will also need to work with technical and non-technical colleagues.
The role holder will be able to:
- Plan and prepare manual test scripts from business requirements or technical documentation;
- Execute manual tests and log results and defects;
- Manage the resolution of defects;
- Establish excellent working relationships with our customers to facilitate user acceptance testing;
- Assist with the development of the test function.
- Have up to 3 years previous experience in a test role;
- Possess an ISEB/ISTQB Testing Foundation certificate;
- Ability to understand technical principals and contribute to the testing of IT solutions and the production of test scripts;
- Ideally have experience of working in the HE sector;
- Be highly motivated with strong organisational skills;
- Have proven experience of working to deadlines;
- Enjoy working as part of a team, but will also be comfortable working independently.
How to apply
Download our non-academic application form [DOC 183.00KB] and personal details and equal opportunities form [DOC 162.50KB] and fill in all sections.
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.