Student Experience Internship
This vacancy is open to recent Sussex graduates only
School/department: Academic Development and Quality Enhancement (ADQE)
Hours: Full time
Contract: Fixed term for 12 months
Placed on: 26 October 2017
Closing date: 10 November 2017. CVs must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected start date: As soon as possible
The University’s Academic Development and Quality Enhancement (ADQE) Unit is seeking a recent Sussex graduate for a 12 month internship.
The Intern will provide support for a University project to transform the student experience of assessment and feedback. Reporting to the Head of ADQE and working closely with the University’s Chief Operating Officer, the internship is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the enhancement of the student experience, whilst gaining a valuable insight into the operation of University professional services.
ADQE provides academic services to support the continuous enhancement of the student experience at Sussex. The team works across four main areas: student engagement, curriculum development, assessment, partnership.
The internship is offered on a 12-month, fixed-term, non-renewable basis only, starting November 2017. Training and support will be provided, including access to relevant professional development opportunities offered through the University’s Staff Development programme. Pay will be £18,263 pa.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent Sussex graduate to gain employment experience and develop transferable knowledge and skills. The role will provide a broad exposure to the academic and professional service functions of the University, with duties including:
- Desk-based online and telephone research into University best practice on assessment and feedback
- Providing secretariat support for meetings, including drafting agendas and papers and taking minutes
- Project co-ordination duties including extensive liaison with academic and professional services colleagues
The intern must be a recent Sussex graduate with a first or upper second class honours degree. In the selection process we will be looking for evidence of the following attributes:
- tactful and diplomatic with strong communications skills, both verbal and written
- highly organised and able to work to strict deadlines
- able to work independently and in a team
You will need:
- an excellent command of English spelling and grammar
- a keen eye for detail
- some work experience (voluntary, part-time, vacation, etc)
How to apply
Send a covering letter and CV (including the names of two referees who can comment on any experience relevant to the post) to: Mr Chris Wellings, Head of Academic Development and Quality Enhancement Office, Room 349, Sussex House University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5.00pm on Friday 10 November 2017. Late applications will not be considered. Please make sure we have contact details for you in case you are called for interview.