Senior Lecturer in General Practice Ref 2827
School/department: Brighton and Sussex Medical School, Department of Primary Care and Public Health
Hours: Full time
Salary: Clinical Academic consultant pay scale from £76,761 and rising to £103,490 basic salary dependent on clinical seniority
Placed on: 05 January 2018
Closing date: 05 February 2018. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected start date: as soon as possible
We are seeking a practising GP as an inspirational role model in general practice for the role of Senior Lecturer in General Practice at Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS). The post holder will be expected to:
- Contribute to the delivery and further development of teaching in general practice across the School, ensuring that our undergraduate BMBS students have an excellent experience of general practice across the curriculum and are prepared to embrace their future of general practice.
- Develop BSMS as a training beacon for the general practitioners of the future by leading curriculum developments, supporting our GP teachers and engaging with external organisations and networks to support strong relationships across undergraduate and postgraduate training,
- Support the development and implementation of research and teaching strategy across BSMS, and from time to time, undertake formal School level leadership roles appropriate to their background and portfolio.
- Build on an emerging research reputation and work with the Departmental Research Leads and BSMS GP colleagues, to undertake a programme of research relevant to BSMS and support researchers to engage in primary care research and to build the local portfolio of research.
- Work with colleagues to encourage and enable GP colleagues beyond BSMS to engage with the undergraduate teaching programme, including the provision of placements, Student Selected Components and 4th year Individual Research Project placements.
The successful applicant will be expected to establish a 0.2 FTE role in a local GP practice within 6 months and to build an appropriate honorary contract with NHS England or other appropriate body.
Interested candidates are encouraged to discuss the position informally with Jackie Cassell, Head of Department, Primary Care and Public Health, email@example.com
How to apply
You must fill in all sections, sign the front page declaration, and then email and send your application documents to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the format post reference number / post title / your name in the subject line.
- Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.
If you apply for more than one job at Sussex, send a separate email and application form for each vacancy.
You should attach your application form, personal details and equal opportunities form and all other documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service).