Postgraduate Admissions Coordinator
School/department: Admissions Office, Academic Registry
Hours: Full time
Contract: Fixed term for six months
Salary: Starting at £20,989 and rising to £24,285 per annum
Placed on: 5 October 2017
Closing date: 20 October 2017. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: 2 November 2017
The University’s central Admissions Office is looking for a helpful and friendly person to join our Postgraduate Taught Admissions team on a six month fixed term basis to cover a secondment, supporting the key process of dealing with applications for masters-level study at Sussex.
The post holder will have responsibility for:
- handling the applications to taught postgraduate courses for a group of subjects, working closely with academic selectors to reach decisions on the applications and processing offers in an accurate and timely manner
- keeping in touch with applicants throughout the admissions cycle; as well as dealing with telephone, email and in-person enquiries.
This office-based, process-driven role requires someone with:
- very good experience of administrative work, ideally handling large volumes of enquiries and with evidence of close attention to detail
- a strong record of excellent ‘customer service’ who enjoys working with people from across the globe.
Ideally you will have experience of:
- higher education and some existing knowledge of postgraduate admissions
- assessing UK, EU and international qualifications
- an understanding of fee classification regulations.
Please note that the pattern of work in Postgraduate Admissions means there are some holiday restrictions during the summer prior to the start of the academic year.
It is normal to appoint at the first point of the salary scale.
How to apply
Download our non-academic application form [DOC 183.00KB] and personal details and equal opportunities form [DOC 162.50KB] and fill in all sections.
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.