Lecturer in English Literature 1350-1660
School/department: School of English
Hours: Full time
Salary: Lecturer A: starting at £35,550 and rising to £38,833 per annum.
Lecturer B: starting at £ 39,992 and rising to £47,772 per annum
Placed on: 20 September 2017
Closing date: 19 October 2017. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: 9 November 2017
Expected start date: 1 January 2018, or 1 September 2018 by arrangement.
- The School of English at the University of Sussex wishes to appoint a Lecturer in English Literature 1350-1660 from 1 January 2018, or 1 September 2018, by arrangement.
- We seek a specialist in the field, whose research and teaching embraces interdisciplinary approaches and will contribute to our world-leading strengths in medieval and Renaissance literature.
- As a successful candidate you will possess a completed doctorate in English Literature or a related field and have teaching experience at least to undergraduate level.
- You will possess high quality research publications in the field of literature between 1350 and 1660 that demonstrate your ability to achieve international distinction in your specialist area, and the potential to build research impact.
- You will convene and deliver teaching on a wide range of established modules on the BA English Literature and related MA provision, as well as developing new modules.
- You will provide research supervision to PhD students and will be expected to undertake appropriate administrative duties within the School.
- You will also participate in Sussex’s vibrant research culture.
For further information please contact Prof Carol Watts, Head of School, (Carol.Watts@sussex.ac.uk)
How to apply
Download our academic post application form [DOC 301.50KB] and personal details and equal opportunities form [DOC 162.50KB] and fill in all sections.
Email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.