Consultancy Manager Ref 2793
School/department: Research and Enterprise Services
Hours: full time
Salary: starting at £32,548 and rising to £38,833 per annum
Placed on: 4 January 2018
Closing date: 15 February 2018. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected interview date: Wednesday 14th March 2018
Expected start date: ASAP
Applications are invited for this full-time post in Research and Enterprise Services, which is responsible for providing professional services and support for the University’s research and enterprise activities.
The post-holder will be based in the Research Development team which provides advice and professional support to the University's academic staff in their pursuit of research and knowledge exchange funding.
This post will support the growth of consultancy activity across the University, and deliver an excellent professional consultancy service for both academic and external customers.
This is a new role that will suit an enthusiastic individual with a strong business focus. Key responsibilities include:
- Working with Schools to develop their consultancy strategies
- Establishing a “one-stop shop” providing tailored advice and professional support to academic staff looking to secure consultancy opportunities.
- Marketing the University’s expertise to external customers and explore wider opportunities for cross-selling the University’s offerings.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in sales and customer relationship management roles. Our ideal candidate is also likely to have:
- Some experience of the Higher Education sector
- An understanding of the role of consultancy in a University
- A sound understanding of contractual considerations in the provision of consultancy services.
- A marketing / business degree or equivalent, or be qualified by experience.
The role will occasionally involve travel (with overnight stays) to events and meetings.
Enquiries about this post can be made with:
Head of Research Development
How to apply
Download our non-academic application form [DOC 183.00KB] and personal details and equal opportunities form [DOC 162.50KB] and fill in all sections.
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email (don't use a web-based upload/weblink service) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.